Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Above the Kitchen Cabinet Love


Above the Kitchen Cabinet Love


I have a love for vases; especially crystal ones and vintage ones, and well, all vases. With all that I have collected I have waited for the perfect inspiration and space to display them. With a little help from Pinterest. I was able to get the creative juices going.
First thing I did was unpack my vases and give them a good cleaning.  They had been in storage in our garage since August wrapped in newspaper and were yucky!  After I had them sparkling I began the work of placing each vase in its current location.

Next came the picture frames. I purchased three 8 ½ x 11 black picture frames at The Dollar Tree for a total of $3.00. Don’t you just love The Dollar Tree?
Next I sprayed painted my $3.00 black picture frames white. The picture frames do not have glass inserts. That’s because I broke all of them while removing the backs. (You definitely get what you pay for!)

As it turns out I like them without the glass. Just think, you won’t have to clean the glass nor will you get a glare from your lighting.

I downloaded the pictures from Pinterest and my DW printed them for me. Since the pictures were printed on an 8 ½ x 11 white card  stock, I trimmed the edges to fit on the backing. 

I then used double sided tape from my scrap booking supplies and taped the pictures right on the back of the picture frame. 

As you can see, I placed them on top of the cabinets along with the vases for a pop of color. I love the new look and it really brightens up a dead space! 

All for a whopping 3.00!! Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!