Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

The letter "L" all dressed up!

Today's project is brought to you by the letter "L". The letter "L" represents many words, for instance, like, love, live, lovely but most important to me, it represents the word LaRue, my family name.
I have acquired quite a few of these "flip off caps" from work and have been storing them for well over a year now and have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use them. If you are in the medical field and have access to these little caps then by all means use your imagination and get creating.
 



Supplies needed:
·   Various size and colors of "Flip off" caps (from medicine vials) 
·   A wooden letter (mine came from Hobby Lobby for around $1.69)
·   Acrylic Paint ( I used yellow but any color will work)
·   Sponge applicator for the painting
·   Hot glue gun with glue stick 
·   2 inch ribbon to make a loop hanger

Directions: 
First things first!  I painted my "L" yellow, knowing that some areas would not be covered with the round caps. Next I decided on a color scheme to work with. I chose blue as my back drop and made yellow, white and pink flowers. I added a few small light green caps on the blue backdrop for a pop of color. Hot glue your backdrop color on the letter. Next design a flower and hot glue on top of your backdrop. After the caps have finished drying completely, turn the letter over and adhere the ribbon with hot glue for your hanger.
You are finished! It’s a pretty simple project and costs a minimal amount to make. Since I already had all the supplies except for my letter it costs me $1.69.  I hung my masterpiece in our guest bathroom to give it a pop of color for the spring!
Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to see what other letters I can make and give away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!