Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Angela's Spinach Turkey Meatballs

My sister Angela and I didn't grow up together and didn't meet until we were adults.  It has been fun getting to know her and her family and now being able to share recipes.  Finally, she has started posting pictures and comments on her facebook of her meals that she cooks. Once such meal caught my eye, not only because it was quick and easy to make but was a relatively healthy dinner. And hey, if my nephew Seth likes it I think most kids will too.

Spinach and Turkey Meatballs
 
Ingredients:
1lb Turkey Burger
1 cup Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
1 Egg
1 10oz Frozen Chopped Spinach (drained)
Onion Powder (roughly 1tsp)
Garlic Powder (roughly 1tsp)
Other Seasons to suit your taste(roughly 1tsp)
Fresh Cracked Pepper (roughly 1tsp) 

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Make 2 inch turkey spinach balls and place in a greased baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.
Serve with egg noodles and Heinz Turkey Gravy (in the jar).

Angela's recipe calls for 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, but I didn't have any on hand, thus the mozzarella. She uses brown gravy, but again I didn't have any in my pantry. I also added additional seasonings plus fresh cracked pepper.

Optional: Could be served with brown rice and brown gravy. There is no need to serve anything else on the side. This meal provides a meat, veggie and a starch.

Makes 8 meatballs. Angela doubles the recipe because she has more mouths to feed, but this was plenty for Jodi and I.

After working a 12 hour shift this was just the dinner I needed for tonight. Quick, Easy and Delish!

Enjoy! And Thank You for Sharing Angela!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!